Saturday, October 2, 2010

Recommendations

October (In order by the date I read them!)


Okay readers this is when it gets dicey. When my notebook went down I had to read via cell and my recommendations spreadsheet was not updated so I have no idea which I read first or last so here we go. Do you still love me? I hope so let's get on with the show.


Raw and Rosy by tuesdaymidnight Jasper Hale hates his high school rival Edward Cullen with a passion. What happens when Jasper discovers Edward's little secret? Spank!Fic. AH/AU/OOC. Rated M. Contains mature content. NRY


This Is Not My Life by isakassees Follow Bella as she tries to survive a madman's abduction and keep a stranger's child from succumbing to his wild fantasies, and follow Edward as he tries to stay sane searching for his daughter taken right before his eyes. NRY


To the Wolves by Jezunya To prevent war with the Quileute kingdom, Carlisle Cullen must give up the first daughter born to his family & throw her to the wolves - literally. Political intrigues, murder, seduction, war... and, of course, true love at first sight. AU. VRA


Love Between Sexes by EFC Edward & Jasper were roommates in University. They both have wives and new lives now, but a three day reunion will force them to examine the relationship they chose not to explore and left behind so many years ago. SLASH ExJ VRA


Once Bitten, Twice Shy by cereuleanblue AU, Bella x Edward, Bella was taken by James and held captive for weeks. She returns home with a special gift. Who was her mysterious savior and what is the cause of her new powers? Will she find the answers she needs in her new home in Forks? NRY


For The Love Of My Obsession by rmcrms5 He met the girl of his dreams. She met the man of her nightmares. How far would you go for your obsession? AH/AU/OOC For the BEYOND THE PALE contest on ff VRA


Ride by kris salvador Bella wanted to fulfill a fantasy - to be groped inside a crowded train. She gets her wish and more, when a sex-starved ex-convict decides she's fair game. AU. Mature but with plot. VRA


Twinned by Conversed Edward and Masen Cullen look identical, but mistake them at your peril. Watch as their carefully constructed world falls apart when they meet the new girl in town. There's slash, smut and Jasper having shower sex with y'all. Are you ready for it? NRY


The Surrogate by TayBee Chapter 5: "It hit me like a wrecking ball. Esme and Carlisle were dead, and I was a two months pregnant with their baby." AH, OOC, Bella, desperate for cash, becomes a surrogate. It's only for nine months, right? VRA


Green by Bratty-Vamp What happens when lawn-boy, geek, and self-proclaimed social leper finds himself in a situation that shakes his comfortable invisibility? Will he stay green? AU- All human. NRY


My Boyfriends Jeans by ILOVETWILIGHT79 His well worn jeans were slung low on his hips and dirty from working all day... Edward/Jasper- Rated M for a reason. VRA


Menage by She Isn't Here When the Cullen brothers come across an injured Bella on the side of the road, they take her home to care for her. They quickly realize that she is "the one" and will do anything to protect her. And they'll never let her go. J/E/B/E No slash or incest. NRY


Unplanned Perfection by littlecat358 Bella and Alice were best friends, which made Bella the only girl off limits to Alice's brother Edward. When a party the summer after graduation gets out of control, Bella's world is turned upside down. "He doesn't know. I don't want him to." LANG/LEMONS VRA


One shots


Cravings by TKegl PLOT BUNNY CONTEST ENTRY - Edward, Alice, and Jasper volunteer to help Carlisle at the Forks High Blood Drive, and who should come in to donate, but new student Bella Swan. Can Edward resist the call of her blood... or her body? VRA


McFearless by TeamBella23 "This is all wrong, it even feels wrong but fuck, it feels good." A night of firsts for Edward and Jasper… Written for the Slash Backslash 2.0 Contest. AH/AU VRA


Dirty Laundry by queenofgrey ENTRY FOR SLASH BACKSLASH 2.0. It's laundry day at Edward's, & the laundry room is the dirtiest place in the house. If the spin cycle's a-rockin', don't come a-knockin'. Or do, if you're Jasper. Rated M, obviously. AR


OPERATION: Breakup by tiffaninichole Finalist in the Slash/Backslash 2 Contest! It's easy to say that Jasper & Edward hate each other because it's an absolute truth. Despite their mutual disdain, they agree to combine forces for one purpose: to break up their best friends. Will they succeed? VRA


Lust: A Tale of Sexual Relations Between Neighbors by Lipsmacked My addition to the "Confessions of a Sinner" compilation brought to you by Guineapigbarbie. An AU/AH/OOC One-Shot. Rated M for citrusy goodness. VRA


Sex Gods and Limo Rides by Kayanne Our Entry for the Who's line is it anyway Kittenmischief contest. Bella meets a mysterious stranger who makes her seriously hot and bothered. One-shot Rated M-it's a LEMON! NRY


Just a Kiss by GreenEyedGirl17 My FGB one-shot for cawilliams1. Summary: Bella and Edward are complete strangers and meet at a baseball game when the 'kiss cam' is zoomed in on them for all to see. One kiss isn't going to complicate things too much, right? AH/MA NRY


As You Wish by WutheringBites Bella has suffered from a long infatuation with the enigmatic and silent Edward Cullen. On her birthday, Bella is taken to the cheese-tastic Medieval Times, but when the Dark Knight singles her out, can Bella forget about Edward? VRA


Teach Me How To Dougie by tiffaninichole Entry for the Teach Me The Nasty Contest! Boring, nerdy Bella agrees to enter a dance contest with friends. The problem: She can't dance. At all. VRA


Him by tiffaninichole A string of violent kidnappings leaves the sorority houses of UT shaken. Will the new safety precautions embraced by the Beta Delta Nu house be enough to keep Bella safe from harm? VRA


Ain't Nothin' but Sex by LoveHGSS Jasper is Bella's sex-dummy… and he does not mind in the least. Shameless Jasper/Bella smut and proud of it! NRY


Fishin' by ladyinblue6 Smut Summer Countdown entry. Charlie's home from university, and he goes fishing to think about life. Renee stumbles upon his little hideout and things start getting frisky in the heat of the night. NRY


I Just Have to Ask by EchoesOfTwilight Entry for Slash Backslash 2.0: Jasper uses his music to cope with the pain of unrequited love, hinting in song at how he feels about his bass player. When the time comes to say it more clearly, can he? M for lemons/language. AH. NRY


All the Years by katinki COMPLETE O/S, Finalist in Slash Backslash 2.0 Contest. How many times can one heart be broken before it shatters beyond repair? How many ways can one body yearn for another before dissolving to nothing? How many years must pass before he acknowledges me? NRY


Voyeuristic Rendezvous by my hubby is no edward Bella moved to Forks seeking solace from a life she built in Phoenix. Forcing herself to forget old habits, what happens when a brooding, mysterious Emmett makes her remember all she hoped to escape? VR


A Portrait Of the Physician As a Young Man by winterstale AH M/M Final Round Judges' Choice Slash/Backslash 2.0 Seventy-year old memories come to light when gay men from two generations meet. Will Carlisle reveal the story of his first love to Jasper or keep his secret behind a facade of English civility? VRA


Happy Birthday Riley by TwiBoy It's Riley's birthday and Edward wants to help him celebrate properly. Entry for the Slash Backslash One-Shot Contest. Rated M for language and adult content. AH/OOC/Slash NRY


The Second Time I Had Sex by Conversed Jasper plus Riley equals lovin'. "I saw the attraction to Riley the first time I laid eyes on him, y'all. I didn't know; I had no idea that I was made that way. I just thought I was lonely. Turned out I was just alone." Slash Backslash 2.0. NRY


P for Pixelated People by hunterhunting Bella and Edward discover an online gaming society and their cyber identities collide. It isn't until they realize they know each other in the real world that the fireworks begin. O/s based on an FML prompt and originally written for Nashville relief. NRY



L4J note: I'm no longer going to be reading slash fics. Its going to be hard since I have been on a slash diet for the past couple of months but I'll transition out of it. In fact, I cut back a lot last month so I should be cool. I want to thank Twiboy and Darkira who are two of my favorites from the beginning and all the others that came after like them EFCtuesdaymidnight and countless others that entertained me.


Thanks for escape. I apologize to all my readers if that's your preference I cannot recommend what I'm not reading but I can tweet about it, I'm just kidding! Thanks for your understanding on this issue.


L4J’S KEY
VRA= Very Responsive author
AR= Author Responded
NRY= No Response Yet
IN2R= I Need to Review


I will update these as authors respond or if I made a mistake and need to correct information provided so far. 


Another L4J Note:

10/2 Reading list for this monthIts going to be a surprise to the author so I'll let you know later. Hands on Me, then Toe to Toe, then the blackwater story, then Life in Technicolor. If you read my blog or follow me on twitter you realize how much I read so give me a chance I do have a life plus rec'ing these fics to keep my peeps happy. Jacob fic reading this month but if an Emmett or a Jasper fic comes around and looks good I'm reading it. I gotta be honest.


Stories I Beta

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5460646/1/Through_His_Eyes Please watch the trailer below. Last Update on 9/30


http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5802471/1/True_Love_Nessie_and_Jacob Last Update on 7/29



http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6314880/1/My_Boyfriends_Jeans last update 9/30


You can find me here: Look to your right or below.

http://www.thefreedomfanfictionwriters.com/
http://twcslibrary.com
http://www.twilighted.net/
http://twitter.com/@luv4jake



I created a Jake & Nessie Community here's the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/community/Jake_Nessie_Fics/81638/ Check it out! Give us suggestions so we can add to it. I want to thank my awesome staff and fellow critics: Nikki - Twilight Lover and ILOVETWILIGHT79 We're picky as hell but if its good we will not stop fangirling about it or promoting it at least I won't lol!


Try me if you don't believe me! Oh hubs asked me to stop using the word pimp so I switched to the word promote. I'm also a staff member of http://www.fanfiction.net/community/Underappreciated_Yet_Awesome_Twilight_Fics/71562/ 60 subscribers and growing!


Some of my favorite fics have been added to this community so check it out for some really great fics that might not have the twilight fic marketing machine behind them. Also I need blinkies and banners so if you got the skills holla at me. Seriously, I have no computing abilities outside of basic stuff. Happymess did my wonderful header which I love. Isn't it great? Well I think so.


See around the water cooler. Thanks for all your support,


L4J

No comments:

Post a Comment